My cat has tumors! My heart is in anguish!!!

My baby girl has had labored breathing for about two months. We took her in yesterday to discover that she was full of, what my vet called "kile". Milky bloody substance associated with infection. Since she is strickly indoors he's not sure why that kind of fluid was there. We saw her x-ray before and could barely see ribs and NONE of her organs except the space left for her to breathe. Small. He couldn't drain much, he kept hitting something blocking the fluid. X-ray showed outlines of intestines but he couldn't find her heart at all. He, and we, saw outlines of something else. He believes to be tumors. He's been in practice over 30 years and I've been going to him since I was 4 years old. I trust him. He said they could send the fluid off but they never get much results for the money. I could do something else for $250 but he's positive its tumors. Quite possibly cancer. But b/c of her blood pressure no surgery she could survive. I'm at a loss. I've had her since I was 12.

Best Answers

• Tanya MundyTanya Mundy boulderMember Posts: 763
    Accepted Answer
    I am so sorry for you. I had to put Miss Dulci down, who had been with me for 15 years, including all my college, adn my time i was laid off. I can't imagine how hard this is, since you've had her since You AND she were both so very young. my prayers, a hugs to you both. sorry i can't do more.
  • Sandra PerrySandra Perry MemphisMember Posts: 1,425
    Accepted Answer
    Adding my prayers for you both. We've had to make god-awful hard decisions about two of our pets in just the last year. Meet with your vet, who it seems like you have a great relationship with, and talk about options and Tigger's quality of life. You may have more time than you think.
  • Litwan LesterLitwan Lester Member Posts: 8
    Accepted Answer
    My heart goes out to you and Tigger. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Please accept our prayers for you and for Tigger. We will keep you in our hearts.
  • Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, My heart goes out to Tigger. I will pray for her to get better(I do not want give up hope for her) and I will pray to god to give you strength thru this ordeal. I would suggest you to go for the surgery. Both results (either positive or negative) would help Tigger relieve her suffering. Take care. Cherry & Tabby 's Mom