My cat has polyps in his ear/nose/throat area. What should i do?

Melinda JacksonMelinda Jackson PittsburghMember Posts: 19
I just found out that my 10 month old kitten has polyps when i took him to the vet recently. The vet told us that the only option is surgery and the surgery could cost anywhere from $1500-2500. I have applied for Care Credit, but i was only approved for $1,000. Now i'm trying to figure out what i should do because i know i can't pay the remaining amount if it's that much more than $1,000. Will my kitten eventually die if i hold off for a long time on the surgery? I can't take seeing him suffer so i've thought about having him put to sleep, but i really really don't want to do that. I just think it's better than a lot of suffering. Also, i got him from the Animal Rescue League about 4 months ago so i thought maybe they might be able to do something. Any advice you can give me will be much appreciated.

Best Answer

• Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, I checked a couple of websites and found that this is treatable by surgery and following surgery there is a good possibility that the polyp problem will be resolved and not recur. Please check the following website for more info. I took the following details from another website answers.yahoo.com and I think this will help. Contact the SPCA or any local shelter and see if they can find a vet that will help Go to this website: and look for the financial aid section. There are organizations that can possibly help with your vet bill. Other than that, you have already applied for Care Credit. Don't give up and I don't know if you are religious but it can't hurt to pray. Please do not consider to put him to sleep. Try the above financial aid. I really hope he gets better after surgery and wishing you and him good luck. We will Pray for him to get better. Keep us posted on his status.