I see brown coloration or let me call it Discoloration on the roof of the mouth.I have seen it once

Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
usually she doesnt let me open up her mouth to see it. Its like a patch. Is this something that any of you have seen in your cats or atleast heard about? I am anyway taking her for her Vaccine booster shots this 24th. Wanted to know if this is something I need to raise a concern about to the Vet. (I am planning to ask him anyways) but I need some information to fall back on so that I can insist the vet to take a second look in case he dismisses my concern about this discoloration.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If this discoloration does not look red, swollen or anything else, it's probably just kind of like a "birthmark" on the roof of her mouth. If the brown discoloration is on her teeth o rgums, then she needs to be checked for gingivitis or other oral problems, but if it is just on the roof of her mouth and looks "normal", then I'd just check with the vet to make sure and not worry about it.