My cat scratches herself around her neck!

Don't know why is she doing this, she has no fleas and thick ( as far as i know...i checked her fur). She has no collar and doesn't leave the house. It's not hysterical scratching but it is going on for a few weeks, even more. What do you think it's a problem?

Best Answers

• Olja AvlijasOlja Avlijas Belgrade, SerbiaMember Posts: 1,991
    Accepted Answer
    Hmm...Sergei, use to scratch himself too, but he had collar for fleas, and at the end, we found out that he was allergic to the ingredients in the collar. So, maybe your cat is allergic to something in your house? Maybe it's the food! I'd took her to the vet, can't be wrong with that. Also, some cats has thick fur ( like Russian blues..) so it's hard to truly check the fur, so look more closer - maybe she does has some fleas after all....
  • Amanda SundbergAmanda Sundberg TulsaMember Posts: 257
    Accepted Answer
    Sounds like seasonal allergies or FAD (flea allergy dermatitis). Just because you don't see fleas doesn't mean they aren't there! Get her checked out asap because she's got to be pretty uncomfortable
  • Sandra PerrySandra Perry MemphisMember Posts: 1,425
    Accepted Answer
    Sounds like an allergy. Have you changed any products in your house? Detergents? Carpet freshner? Has her food changed?