Hi Catsters, Can anyone tell me what breed of cat I look like ?

Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
My mom thought I was a maine coon. But not sure if that is correct. If maine coon.. am I a purebred or Mixed breed Maine coon?

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Didn't you ask this question before? Anyway, your photographs show that you have the almond-shaped eyes, high cheekbones, ear-set, ruff, plume-like tail, and furriness of indigenous (rather than breeder-bred, show type) Maine Coons. I thought there might be a possibility of your having some Norwegian Forest Cat in you, but you look too classically Maine Coon for that. The word "purebred" is troublesome here, because it implies that your ancestors for at least 3-5 generations back have been of the same breed. A purebred who has papers is pedigreed. Since there is no way to guarantee your ancestry, seeing as you were a foundling and obviously don't have a pedigree, the designation "Maine Coon/domestic long hair" would probably be the most accurate in your case. I'm sorry, but you simply can't call a cat "purebred" just because it "looks" like a certain breed. You have to know the ancestry of the cat in order to use the word "purebred." But, in any case, you're a very pretty girl!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Isn't that Cherry's photo with Tabby's name under it? Anyway, love the hat! Tabby has a gorgeous tail that sure looks like a Maine Coon. Leila is much more knowledgeable that I am about Maine Coons, but Tabby sure looks like one to me.