I have never had a cat. Need to know what you think is best type of cat litter or if the shredded p

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Congrats on becoming one of Us Who Are Owned By A Cat (or cats, in my case!) you will get many answers on this question, as many as "what kind of food should I feed my kitty?" I've even read that unscented litter is the best because some cats can't tolerate the perfume of litter. I use Scoop Away for multiple cats and have never had any problem. I tried the "crystals" one once and that was a disaster. It was like rock salt. If you have the money, you can buy the more expensive litter, but your kitty will use whatever she gets used to. The most important thing is to make sure you scoop the box at least once a day. I also use a paint scraper to get the wet litter up as the scoop will bend and flip the wet litter up and out of the box. (yuk) Once a week I dump the litter and scour the box with pine-sol. Rinse VERY well, dry and replace the litter. Good luck with your new baby! Many purrs and headbonks!