Halloween costumes for cats?

Patricia McClainPatricia McClain SurreyMember Posts: 15
My mom wants to know, are there any good places to get Halloween costumes for cats? I wanna dress up this year!

Best Answers

• Kate HorrellKate Horrell Member Posts: 12
    Accepted Answer
    Hi I sell Halloween costumes for cats & dogs on my website Dixiepets.com
  • Candy DewaltCandy Dewalt Member Posts: 5
    Accepted Answer
    I got a wonderful costume at Target last year. I was a lobster!
  • Mindy SzumilaMindy Szumila AlpenaMember Posts: 71
    Accepted Answer
    I think that costumes for pets is silly. I would not be putting one on my cats or dogs. They have furr.
  • mary rotramelmary rotramel Member Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer
    If you cant find any search for them online or if anyone sews they have ones you can make. My cats have been mickey and minnie and last year they where hippies. I died infant shirts, i put sunglasses on them and got a denim jacket at the second hand store. my one cat won cutest at contest.
  • Laura Cat LadyLaura Cat Lady CaliforniaMember Posts: 70
    Accepted Answer
    Target does have awesome pet costumes from time to time! Last year I got an elf costume and a Mrs. Claus dress for Merriweather at Christmas, only $2.50 each! Also, eBay is a treasure trove for all things from collars to costumes to beds. You'd be surprised at how many people are like crazy cat ladies on eBay!
  • Karen NicholsKaren Nichols castro valleyMember Posts: 1,108
    Accepted Answer
    I can vouch fur Target being a grate resorse for inexpensive Halloween costooms. Petsmart usually has a good selekshun, too (and don't furget to chek after Halloween for good markdowns on next yeer's costooms.) Heer are other places to shop: BuildABear.com (also one of the best places to get cat-sized sunglasses and accessories like wigs) BuyCostumes.com (http://www.buycostumes.com/CategoryPage/Pets_132.aspx) Chihuahua Gaga - really grate customer service. http://www.chiwawagaga.com/ And be shur to submit a pikcher of yoo in yer costoom to the Halloween Purrade on The Cat's Meow (catsmeowblog.com)! purrs and headbonks, Skeezy
  • Tessa TaylorTessa Taylor Member Posts: 15,662 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I found a cute witches' hat at Petsmart yesterday! Now how to get me to wear it is the condundrum!
  • Nancy SandovalNancy Sandoval Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    Have you ever noticed how miserable the cats look in the pictures when they are dressed up. Have you ever noticed the clothes for cats are not advertised being worn by a cat they are just laid out on a table of some sort. You want to know why? Its nearly impossible to get a cat in any outfit. They hate being dressed up. Dress yourself up or try dressing up your kid or the neighbors kid. Leave your cat in alone.
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    Accepted Answer
    Guest, I can assure you that Hobie is far from miserable when he plays "dress up." You can tell from his pictures, he is quite the ham and LOVES dress up sessions. I'm sure those on Catster who dress up their cats do not force them unnecessarily, but instead reserve dress up for cats who do not mind it. Not all cats are created equal.