1/4" worms in cat's stool.

I asked about these worms yesterday and was given the answer of round worms.Which I am grateful for, but the problem is, they aren't even an inch long. They are between 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch. I asked about them in this question.

Best Answers

• Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, It can be either Round worms or Tape worms, These are the most common types. Please refer to What you saw might be a Tape worm segment. Check the above link to understand it better. Hope this helps
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Tapeworms eggs look like grains of rice. When they are excreted and dry out, they will break open and infest whatever area they are excreted in. The worms can infect humans, so always handle the cats litter or feces with gloves on. Actual pieces of tapeworm or roundworms are a little longer and can be seen moving in the stool. In any case, if you've actually noticed worms in your cat's stool, it needs worming medication asap.