My cat got spade in the early morning on wen, she hasn't eaten or drank since then.

My cat got spade in the early morning on wen, she hasn't eaten or drank since then. She walks around very little, today she sat on the back of the couch all day. How long should it take for her to get back to normal? And how long should it take for her to start eating and drinking?

Best Answers

• yosoy tudiosyosoy tudios arcadiaMember Posts: 18
    Accepted Answer
    when did youget the cat back. it should have been thursday mon. the should have kept her overnite. it's normal to be slow after the anesthetic. youmight wanna go back to the vet and get some subcutanious fluids. if not better soon.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Moneypenny is right. However, not all vets keep the animal overnight when it is desexed. Many low-cost spay/neuter clinics, like the one I took Izzie to, released him within hours of the procedure. I can say he was in the Twilight Zone for at least a day afterwards--just kind of lay around. Check her incision to make sure it's not infected and painful for her. Look for redness or any liquid including blood which may be leaking, or popped stitches. Since they are kept without food and water from midnight the night before surgery, your kitty should be hungry and thirsty by now. I'd say a call to the vet who did the procedure is in order just to make sure.