FIP what am i going to do? UPDATE

For anyone who posted about Kyle before THANKS! I appreciate the support and everything! We got his blood work back :( The Vet can't say 100% that he has but but from what she got back she thinks he does. She said it is Dry FIP and we started him on Prednisolone today 2 pills twice daily. So please keep your prayers with us* and hope this is maybe a mis diagnosis and idk. I am so scared because I don't know what to expect he is eating he has no fever just a lil eye infection that has cleared up ALOT since we started him on eye medicine. So again thanks for the support.

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Dear Kyle's pawrent, I know that FIP is a very scary thing. Let yourself go off the wall for a day or so, scream, cry, curse, do whatever you want to do. And then, you need to get on your computer and research FIP, especially the dry kind. Sometimes when the doc is explaining things to us, our brain shuts down when we hear "disease". Learn all you can about this so that you can help Kyle when (and if) he gets sick. Vets appreciate an informed client who asks good questions. And Kyle will appreciate pawrents who are there for him. If he wants to cuddle, cuddle him! If he wants to be left alone, do so! Spoil him rotten and love him a lot. Don't ever miss the opportunity for an ear skritch! You know that all of us here on Catster are keeping you in our thoughts and good wishes. Keep us updated! God bless!
  • margaret myrickmargaret myrick florenceMember Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer
    hi kyle my cat bubba has been losing his fur around his back end today i noticed hes has big bald spots and bumps help im scared dont know what to do is it the same as your cat help