Can felineherpes cause blindness?

Oscar has feline herpes and had an outbreak 2 days ago. We immediately went to the vet and she stained his eyes. This revealed a big ulcer on his right eye and a smaller one on his left. Will the ulcers go away, will they cause blindness. I'm so scared for him, HELP!!!!! He's being treated and seems to be getting better, but his right eye still looks foggy.

Best Answer

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    I'm not a vet, and I'd advise you to ask your own vet these questions, and also research about your questions over the Internet. However, herpes can definitely cause eye ulcers, and when untreated (as in the case of ferals) can leave cats with permanent eye damage, including blindness. This is not comforting news, I know, but your vet is the best source for information about Oscar's prognosis. I hope you get good news and that he heals completely!