My 5 year old cat is 22 pounds and he loves his dry food. What is a good dry food for dieting?

Member Posts: 2

Best Answers

• Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    A high protein/low carb one like Evo or Wellness core is best as that will make him feel more satisfied and eat less. Giving him several small meals of measured out food will help prevent overeating. Don't bother with the diet foods as they are generally lower quality and contain a lot of filler/carbs that will just encourage him to eat more. "Exercise" from playing will also help him lose weight so make sure he has toys and try playing with him with a laser pointer or fishing pole toy to get him moving.
  • Marie WoltersMarie Wolters GreensboroMember Posts: 17
    Accepted Answer
    I agree you should exercise your cat by giving him/her some different kinds of toys and see which one he or she like best. Also you should feed your cat a better quality food that is nutritious food with no fillers, no chemicals or any by-products. Your cat will be more satisfied with the food. I would try holistic cat food which is very safe. Try this link: www.healthpetslive.com for more information.
  • Alisha HumphriesAlisha Humphries WestminsterMember Posts: 74
    Accepted Answer
    I wouldn't bother with the diet foods. I would more so focus on limiting his food consumption. Don't feed an unlimited amount of food. My mommy feeds me a quarter of a cup three times a day. Since she feeds me less more often I am more happy with a smaller amount of food. She also tries to exercise me by playing with me regularly every day! This helps keep me active instead of sleeping all day long like I usually do.