Worried about my 2 month old kitten on meds for feline herpes won't eat (part 2)

I actually posted another question on here about 2 days ago. This is kind of part 2 to that question, since I dont know how to edit questions or what not. Odie is on different medications for feline herpes and dehydration, Some thing you put into his eyes, clavamox, antihistamine of some sort, and elecrtramine. He won't eat or drink on his own so my husband and I have been assist/force feeding him. The last post I put on here there was an answer about getting him put on an iv - I really don't know why the vet didn't. The vet said something about because he was so small and had such a hard time finding a vein. Odie finally went something other than pee in the litterbox. IT was dark/black liquid diarrhea, info I have found said worms. Idk do I need to take him to the vets again? Odie is doing a lot better with everything except for the not eating part. But I'm still really worried!!

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, absolutely you need to take him back to the vet's. He not only has the issue of not eating, but now he needs to be wormed. Since his health is already compromised, he needs to be closely supervised by his doctor. I believe they may be able to put an iv tube in his neck where the veins are larger. If you are still having to force-feed Odie, then all is not quite OK yet and he may need to stay at the vet's for a few days to be constantly monitored by professionals until all this is cleared up. Please keep us posted and many hugs and purrs to baby Odie.