Kitty Snot

Natalie LacroixNatalie Lacroix CambridgeMember Posts: 7
My 6 month old kitten always have booger build-up!! She doesn't sneeze often if at all. I wonder if she just sucks at eating in a non-messy way, beccause she also gets food on her nose sometimes. I always have to pick it out because it bothers me and usually its stuck in there pretty good and she puts up a fit when i do it. Her sister (same age) never seems to have the problem. Is this normal/nothing to worry about?

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    If she's not showing signs of a cold (sneezing, fever, teary eyes), sounds like she might have some sort of allergies. I would ask the vet about it the next time you go in for anything. Try a damp tissue to clean it so it will be easier on her. I have persians with leaky eyes so I am cleaning tears and eye crust off faces every day. They sit and take it but of course they still hate it. As she gets older, she will also get better at cleaning her face. Mine sit and wash themselves for what seems like hours after they eat.