I need a outdoor cat,

I want one that is nice and will stay around (kitten)

Best Answers

• Ellie CarterEllie Carter SeattleMember Posts: 2,252
    Accepted Answer
    Having a cat outdoors is very dangerous. There are many animals that will hurt a cat, not to mention bad people! Outdoor cats are more prone to diseases and being hit by cars. Kittens are especially vulnerable. I am not sure where you are from, but cats and dogs need shelter from the cold as well. Please reconsider having an outdoor cat. It is a hard life for a sweet kitty, especially for a kitten. Most outdoor cats do not live very long lives.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    A young cat, especially a kitten under the age of a year doesn't stand much of a chance outside. Why can't you keep the cat inside? Are you a young person who lives with parents who don't want a cat in the house? Are there allergy issued? If so, chances are you won't be able to own the cat for long. I was against letting Ernie outside but he would bolt out the door before I could catch him. Less than a year after he became an "inside/outside" cat, he lost his life on the street in front of my home. Outdoor cats don't stay "nice". They become very independent, not really cuddly or people-oriented. And, they don't "stay around". As time goes on, they expand their territory until one day they're just...gone. Please reconsider.