My cat poops on the floor when he gets mad at someone. what should i do.

alissa mitchellalissa mitchell Fairport HarborMember Posts: 1
My cat pumpkin is a maine coon breed cat. when he gets mad he poops on the carpet in a place i cant block off. he is on his way out what should i do?

Best Answer

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    What do you mean by "he is on his way out"? Are you planning to get rid of him, or does he poop on his way out of the house? Anyway, my Maine Coon male (neutered) is a real Momma's boy and poops on my belongings when he thinks he's not getting enough attention (such as when Leila's kittens were born). I don't think this is a specific Maine Coon trait, as cats do have a tendency to express emotions through excreta, sometimes as a form of marking, sometimes (I suspect) just to be perverse and get attention. How long has he been doing this? What makes him mad? I suspect this is behavioral, but you might want to take him to the vet to make sure that he doesn't have any health problems that are bothering him. Also, if you can identify what's stressing him, eliminating the stressors might help. Finally, DON'T get angry at him when he does this--he won't understand, because he's doing what seems logical to HIM. Rather, don't give him the satisfaction of a reaction. Good luck!