Our newly adopted cat sleeps most of the day and plays (loudly) most of the night. The only issue is

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    You just need to play with the cat whenever you have time and especially right before bed to tire him/her out. Get a laser pointer toy or feathers on a stick or other interactive toys so you can encourage the kitty to play when you are awake instead of ruining your sleep. Give her things to do like a cat tree and windows to look out of that will keep her busy during the day so she will nap less and be ready for bedtime at night. I also try to pick up any noisy toys like jingly balls before bed so they won't be tempted to play with them when I am trying to sleep.
  • Maggie BradshawMaggie Bradshaw Member Posts: 506
    Accepted Answer
    Allie's advie is great, we learned to pick up all the noisey toys before bed, but the kitties start knocking things off the dresser and fighting with eachother. This might sound kind of mean, but when i get home, I try to bug and wake up the kitties when i see them sleeping, so they'll be sleepy when its time for everyone to get to bed. it's actually been wokring pretty well. i'm like "You lazy phil! you slept all day while i was at work! youre not going to sleep when I want to play with you!" then i play with him a bunch and pink him up and carry him around a bit when he look like hes going to sleep again :-p i'm such a cruel mommy