My cat is 17years old. in the past couple days he doesn't eat much and began to lose his balance wh

Best Answers

• sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    Unfortunately, this does not sound good taking into consideration your cat's age. I would take him to a vet immediately. He needs to be seen. As a worse case scenario, this could be a sign of cancer or a tumor pressing on the spine. There is definitely something neurological going on when a cat suddenly loses his balance. Please get your kitty to the vet ASAP! Best of luck and hope all turns out well.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Guest is correct. We are not vets here, just cat lovers. We cannot nor should we attempt to diagnose a medical issue for a cat we don't know and have never seen. Our advice is not a substitute for vet care. If you are asking if your kity is sick, yes he is. It could be a simple ear infection that is affecting his balance. But, you need to take him to a doctor for professional advice and treatment.
  • Michelle MoralesMichelle Morales AnaheimMember Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer
    My cat is 14yrs old, and she lost her balance. I noticed her ears were really dirty. I cleaned them and it took about a week for her to start regaining her balance. She didn't get it fully back but she was able to walk for about a week. But just yesterday she lost it again.