my kitten has a growth on her side and is growing in size. Is it something to worry about?

Member Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Sandra PerrySandra Perry MemphisMember Posts: 1,425
    Accepted Answer
    Anything growing needs to be attended to by the vet.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    Yes any lump needs to be checked out by a vet to confirm what it is and treatment needed. Lumps can be caused by cancer, benign fatty lumps, hernias, abscesses from bites or cysts. Most of these are treatable and getting her seen by a vet ASAP will make treatment options better/less costly plus avoid any suffering for your kitten.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, it something to worry about.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    Accepted Answer
    There is no way for us to know whether or not it's something concerning. Obviously it's concerning enough for you post here. ANY new mass should be looked at by your vet. There are a multitude of reasons masses occur on or in the body.
  • Cinaed 67Cinaed 67 San Leandro, CaliforniaMember Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer
    Nothing growing abnormally from you cat is a good sign...even it's a benign fatty tumor. IT MOST DEFINATELY NEEDS TO BE CHECKED OUT!!! ASAP!!!! I had a wonderful cat that developed a mass on it's chin, and within a couple of weeks it had grown to the point where he couldn't eat properly...his mouth was always open, and drooling! These things as serious for our little "children"! Do whatever you need to to make sure it's ok, and she's not in pain! Cat's are very stoic creatures and will not whine and complain about pain like humans and dogs do! They just suck it up and deal with it! Anyways...I'm sure you get the point...Take her in! Cinaed *Pandora's dad*