Cats fighting

jo officerjo officer ForfarMember Posts: 1
Our neighbour has trapped a cat in the woods near us which we think could be ours..(it went missing nearly 2years ago) It is very friendly and has the markings of our cat. We have however another boy cat now and the pair of them want to kill each other but we want to keep both of them. Is there anything I could do. Both cats are neutered and we have 3 others as well but they show no interest in either of the males. Have separated the cats at the moment but would like them all to get on.

Best Answers

• Kellyann CookeKellyann Cooke Member Posts: 373
    Accepted Answer
    I would try to socialize them very slowly - start by getting them used to each other’s scent - give each of them a little blanket or towel for a couple of days and then switch them - see how they react. Then try letting them see each other in a controlled environment like with each in a crate - smelling and see each other - over time you should be able to let them interact. It takes patience - good luck.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That's great news you have him back after 2 years. One of my cats went missing for 6 months and the fur gang here took some time to except him back. Here's a good website for ideas on how to introduce a cat into a multi cat household. http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management Good luck