Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

IM pooping in halway and living room!! And wont stop

My male cat was pooping in the hallway and by the door, we got him fixed (thats not why) and the problem persists. We cant figure out why!!! or how to stop it! help!

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    If you have ruled out any health issues, then you need to rule out reasons for a behavioral issue. Did you make any changes in the household that may be upsetting him? New pets? New family members? Is the box kept clean? Maybe he doesn't like the type of litter or the location of the box. Is it in a private place he can get to easily? If it's covered, maybe he would prefer that it was open or vice versa. He is trying to tell you something. When I try new litter, I try it in just one of my boxes and I can tell right away if they hate it because they refuse to use that one. Try putting a litterbox in the hallway or living room temporarily and see if he will use that and then gradually move it back to where you want it to be. And clean the areas he went in with an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle to remove the scent he may be going back to.