Siamese died, 7 yr old female (spayed) who lived with her is now peeing & pooping all over the dinin

I have 2 maine coons, both spayed and a male cat, breed not known who has been neutered. My Siamese was 14 and died recently. I am wondering why all of a sudden my 7 year old mutt (Alyce) is not using the litter boxes - both are scooped every other day and one is not even being used at all. She is boxed trained and up until about a week after Sassie died she was using the box. HELP!!

Best Answer

• Linda CouchLinda Couch Member Posts: 12
    Accepted Answer
    Like humans, cats like their routines and daily habits. When something changes in their home, one way their anxiety may manifest itself is by urinating outside the cat litter box. With a little bit of work and patience, your kitty can be calmed down and get back to her good litter box habits. I have come across a really interesting article on CAT ANXIETY AND LITTER BOX PROBLEMS at http://askables.com/Knowledge/Posts/Pets/407/Cat-anxiety-and-litter-box-problems.html which should help.