Our queen has attacked her 7 week old kittens. Is this normal? Not sure what provoked it but it wa

Member Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Mindy SzumilaMindy Szumila AlpenaMember Posts: 71
    Accepted Answer
    My cat Angel, had four kittens this year and she did the same thing, only the kittens were three weeks old. I took the kittens away from her and gave them too the other mother cat we had at out house. If you think that the mother is hurting the kittens you could take the kittens away. Now doing research I wish I didn't take the kittens away from the mother, cause I found out that the mother teaches it to hunt by biting. The way you say attack could be different then what the mother means to do. Other people will have helpful imformation. Hope this helped you out some.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If it's happening when they try to feed, it could be her way to tell the kittens they should be weaned. Find food somewhere else.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    7 week old kittens should be well on their way to independence including weaning. She may just want them away from her. She may also be coming into heat again. You may want to consider taking her to the vet and having her spayed. This will calm her down and prevent her from adding any more kittens to an already overcrowded world.