my 2 9 month old kittens are not eating like they normally do and i just witnessed one vomitting. c

Member Posts: 1
kitten not eating and vomiting

Best Answers

• Cady CalamityCady Calamity Member Posts: 214
    Accepted Answer
    Definitely. Cats don't vomit because they're healthy. The most common reason for kittens to vomit is overeating, but if they aren't eating, it could be serious. We cannot diagnose over the internet, please take them to the vet NOW.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, if they aren't eating and one's been sick that a sure sign that they are sick. You should take them to a vets as soon as possible as cats can get really sick if they don't eat properly. Hope the vet can figure out what's wrong and they get well again soon.
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    In addition to visiting the vet, I just wanted to add that if this illness began when you started on a new bag of their food or a new type of food that you check the dates for freshness and be sure there is nothing wrong with it. Although mine do tend to share the occasional flu-like bug that passes through the gang, they rarely start the symptoms at the same time. Also make sure that they could not have gotten into anything toxic and have not been chewing on any toxic plants. There is a complete list of toxic plants available on the CFA website. http://www.cfainc.org/articles/plants.html
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    It seems like cat barfing is something they do to cleanse their systems. Usually, this occurs after eating grass. Cats also vomit after eating new food or food that doesn't agree with them. However, not eating is a real red light. This leaves the last possibilty--an actual illness. Since cats, especially kittens, can go into decline so quickly, please take your kitties to the vet NOW. Aside from from the malnutrition issue, they can become dehydrated very quickly and DIE. We are not vets here, but most of us have had multiple experiences with multiple cats, and I can agree that everyone will tell you to go to the vet. ASAP. Good luck.