URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!

Member Posts: 1
my daughters kitten found us last week and shes been so peppy but suddenly she is sleeping all day and night, wont wake up for anything, shes still eating but she sleeps non-stop, even when she falls off the couch. Im worried about her. Has anyone heard of a kitten doing this?

Best Answers

• Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    This kitten needs to see a vet. We are not vets here, only people who love cats. Please get your kitten to a vet ASAP to be evaluated.
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Mr. Fez, kitty needs to see a vet. She could have any number of things wrong with her. I am not sure how old your kitten is but you said she "found you" which I assume means she arrived off the street. If she has not had a visit to the vet to begin her vaccinations, it's time. They should have a series of FVRCP shots starting at aournd 8 weeks and then a rabies shot by the time they are 16 weeks. My kittens have always slept a lot. They play hard and then nap hard but then wake up and play some more. A kitten should be mostly crazy and peppy. Sleeping so deeply that falling off the sofa does not wake her is very abnormal.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    The other posters are right. If, God forbid, it was your daughter and not your cat who was exhibiting these symptoms, you would rush her right to her doctor, right? Telling you to go to the vet with the kitten sounds like a cop out on answering your plea, but understand that there is no way we can (or should) diagnose your kitten's distress even if we WERE vets here without seeing and/or knowing the little one. All of us have had health issues with out cats/kittens and they may even have displayed the same symptoms as yours. However, it could prove fatal if we told you not to worry about it, that OUR cat/kitten recovered and yours will too, so don't bother to take her to the vet. Your kitten's malady could be something completely different. Incidentally, if you have other cats in the house, please separate the kitten, her food bowls and her litter box from them. What she has may be contagious. Good luck and let us know what the vet says. Purrs.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevilleMember Posts: 2,200
    Accepted Answer
    Are you serious???? I can't even answer this question. Shakes her head and walks away from this one.
  • sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    You need to take this kitten to a vet ASAP! There is something very wrong with a kitten who sleeps all day and night. I once had a feral kitten who started doing this and it turned out that she had a tic on her that was sucking the blood out of her until she was very anemic. It is definitely something that needs looking into IMMEDIATELY!