My kitten Mocha is a barn cat that I rescued, since I first met Mocha he has had a running nose and

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    A friend of mine had a cat who had projectile sneezing. Whenever we came over, if Gus was in the room, she always passed out umbrellas and paper towels ;-) Seriously, if it's a real problem and he seems not to be feeling well, your best bet is to take him to your vet to have him checked out. It's most likely an allergy of some sort. Sometimes medications help and sometimes you just will have to put up with his sneezing and runny nose if he's healty otherwise. But the only one who can help and/or treat him for this is your vet.
  • Amy RussellAmy Russell SeattleMember Posts: 110
    Accepted Answer
    He most likely has Feline Herpes Virus (Rhinotracheitis). It's commonly spread amongst cats. Go buy the powder form of L-lysine and sprinkle a little in his water or on wet food. It's manageable and rarely life threatening. Read more here. http://www.cat-world.com.au/FelineHerpes.htm