My cat, Patches, died. Should I remove him from the site?

hellflowerhellflower Duluth, GAMember Posts: 14 ✭✭
hellflower

Best Answers

• Kylie DennisKylie Dennis TooeleMember Posts: 1,805
    Accepted Answer
    you coluld put his date of birth and date of death by his name then go to edit his page and put he is no longer with you! I wouldn't delete him! i'm really sorry for your loss!
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    Accepted Answer
    First of all let us say how sorry we are. It is always so sad when we go off to the bridge. No, you should not remove him from the site...not unless you feel that it is the right thing for you. Keeping Patches active here may help you with your grief, and allow you to keep him closer to you in spirit. There are groups for the bridge kitties. And just because he is gone doesn't mean he can not interact still with those of us still earthbound. My uncle sparky and auntie skitzee poke their whiskers into things once in awhile. It makes mom smile when they do.
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I am so sorry for your loss. But I agree that you do not need to remove his page. I added my baby Dolly after she had already died as a way to honor her memory. It took me a while to be ready to look at the pictures and to think of her without crying but other Catster members have helped me so much with my grief over losing her. She is just as special to me as all of my living cats and her page is a way to enjoy the pretty pictures of her and share her with my friends.