Why is she pooping outside the litter box?

My 2-year old has been making bowel movements in the bedrooms in our house instead of in her litter box inside the bathroom. I thought she was just mad at the changes in life because she's done #2 on the floor in the bedrooms of family members who left the house (military and college). However, she is still doing it, but there hasn't been any major changes in life, and it's in the rooms of people still in the house. She is still urinating in the box though. Is there anything that can be done to deter her from doing it again?

Best Answers

• Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Accepted Answer
    You can try this website- it has a lot of suggestions:http://catinfo.org/litterbox.htm Good luck!
  • GRETCHEN LIEBE-MOOREGRETCHEN LIEBE-MOORE Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    I just finished one of my new kittens who had a problem with using the litterbox. I put him in the spare bathroom with a new litterbox and a new type of litter that guarantees the use of the litterbox. It's called Dr. Elsey's Cat Attrack. I went in with him twice a day to spend time/play with him and make sure he had food and water. I also scooped out the litterbox each time I went in. I also praised him A LOT and gave him a treat once a day. Yes, he had a few 'accidents' but he finally figured it out. I let him have a trial run midway thru training and he went right back to his 'favorite' spot and you guessed it...pooped on the spot. I put him right back in the bathroom for another week. When I let him out the next time...he went and played with his sister, toys, his humans and hasn't had a problem since. You can find out more at www.preciouscat.com