How can I tell which cat out of two is throwing up?

Kitty_Pryde_and_JackKitty_Pryde_and_Jack los angelesMember Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
I thought I saw a post similar to this before on here, but I can't find it when I search. I have two kitties and one of them lately has been throwing up little puddles of hair/muck-the thing is, I can't tell if it's a hairball and who it is coming from. I thought I could tell by the hair color, since one is gray and the other white, but I can't really tell. Has anyone had this problem and has an idea on how to tell who it is coming from? Thank you!

Kitty Pryde and Jack

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Can you keep them in separate rooms for a while? I discovered that Chibi was the Phantom Bathtub Excreter when she went away to her breeder's place for a while. That's the only advice I can give, but it works.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    We suggested once that for Phantom Poopers like Chibi, their moms should shave a few pieces of crayon into their food bowl. The crayons will come out in that particular cat's vomit or poop. But, if like mine, they all eat out of the same bowl, that wouldn't work. My cats hark loudly for ten minutes before they actually explode, so it's easy for me to tell which one is the culprit. I also only have one (Izzie) who really likes catgrass, so if the vomit has grass in it, I know it's him. Chances are if there's fur in it, it's a hairball. Hairballs aren't just fur. They usually have food hitchiking back up and some gooshy stuff that's in the esophagus.