Male cat lost appetite

Hi, I have a male cat (my first one)...about 5 or 6 years old (adopted so unsure of the exact age). I've had him for about 3 years and hes never had any problems health wise, hes been neutered and wormed, and has regular flea treatment, but recently he seems to have gone off his food in a big way. He doesn't eat much at all each day and seems uninterested in anything that's offered to him. Should I be worried/taking him to the vets? Or is this just something that happens sometimes?

Best Answers

• Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Accepted Answer
    I would take him to the vet to be checked out. Any change in behavior can be a sign something is wrong. Good luck!
  • Julie Cat LadyJulie Cat Lady Member Posts: 17
    Accepted Answer
    i would definitely take him to the vet right away. keep monitoring his food and water intake. he could come very dehydrated. maybe try some wet food too (with gravy is a hit) good luck!