Misty is a 2 yrs old female La Perm I bought 2 mouths ago. She appears quite happy except she would

It happens say once a week, I dont know if it is normal or I need to take her to the vet. There are some hair balls occationally other times are food undigested. I feed her Royal Cainn hair ball control. Is the food not right ? I comb her quite often as she is shedding much at the moment. Thank you very much for your concern. I found this web is quite helpfull . Appreciate for your answer. Cheers.

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I would definitley call the vet. If it was just the hairballs, I would just say you need more fiber in her food. 5% or higher works best for Allie. But if she's yacking food too, then there is something wrong. It could be as simple as her having an allergy to something in the food. RC is a good food but it contains things like corn gluten which is what steered me away from it. Wheat, corn and soy are common allergens. I feed Wellness Indoor and I have cut Allie's hairballs back from once or twice a week to so few I barely notice.Maybe one a month. But the vet is the best place to start to rule out other possible problems first. Just do not let them convince you to buy the food they sell there. It's usually just overpriced junk like Science Diet.