MY CAT HAS BEEN LISTLESS AND NOT DOING MUCH TODAY.

PETUNIA SCOTTOPETUNIA SCOTTO LONG ISLAND, N.Y.Member Posts: 1
I HAVE A 3 YR OLD RUSSIAN BLUE MIX CAT WHO IS VERY HEALTHY. HOWEVER, TODAY SHE HASN'T BEEN DOING MUCH OF ANYTHING WHICH CONCERNED ME ALOT.SHE HAS BEEN EATING WHICH I KNOW IS A GOOD SIGN, BUT SHE HASN'T BEEN RUNNING AROUND AND PLAYING OR CHASING THINGS AROUND LIKE SHE USUALLY DOES. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS? HOW CAN I TELL IF SHE MAY HAVE A COLD? ANY ADVICE ABOUT THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS!

Best Answers

• patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    Maybe she's just in a lazy mood today. We all have those days. If she's eating and drinking and not showing any signs of being sick, she's probally okay. If she doesn't act like herself for a few days, then you should take her to the vet. Some signs of a kitty cold are sneezing, coughing, lethargic and not acting like themselves. Keep an eye on her for any signs of sickness. Maybe tomorrow she'll be full of energy again.
  • Molly StrothkampMolly Strothkamp MesaMember Posts: 1,381
    Accepted Answer
    I'd definitely keep a close eye on her. You know her best and it sounds like your instinct is saying something's not quite right. In addition to the signs the other poster mentioned, sometimes kitties that aren't feeling well stop grooming themselves. That's the first clue that I get when Lucy isn't feeling good- she looks a little scruffy. Keep a close on eye your kitty and don't hesitate to call your vet if you have any concerns.