I read the post about why cats pee outside their box.

But once a cat pees oin a spot, like on wood, or a rug, won't they contintue to pee on those areas if they can still smell the scent? (it's not easy to get urine smell off wooden baseboards once they've peed there)My 2 cats are female, neutered, over 12 years old & healthy. One of them peed against the baseboard, near their box. Even hough I cleaned it up, since then, I've found that area peed on again 3-4 times. Is it possible they can still smell it so are coming back to that area because of the smell ?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Absolutely. If you didnt clean the area with an enzymatic cleaner such as Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution, they will return to that spot. Using a household cleaner doesn't destroy the odor and they will return there time and time again. If this continues, you may actually have to sand down the baseboards and repaint.