my 6 month old kitten's bottom incisor fell out from him biting my arm. will it grow back?

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Kitten teething occurs between 3 to 6 months of age, so I suspect that he just lost a baby tooth, and an adult tooth will grow in soon. Six months is probably too early for gum disease that has progressed to the point of teeth falling out. During the teething phase, many kittens chew on EVERYTHING. Did the bite puncture the skin? Generally speaking, a cat bite that punctures the skin can introduce some very nasty bacteria into the bite site, and a hospital visit is in order. The last time I got bitten by one of my kittens, I got a tetanus shot and antibiotics.
  • patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    The other poster is right, the adult tooth will probally just take the place of the missing one. Kittens, like babies, teeth and baby teeth fall out and adult teeth replace them. It had to have been already loose to fall out like that. I would just look in his mouth every couple of days to keep an eye on the area and see if the new tooth grows back in alright. This way you can make sure the gums are healthy.