How do I keep my cats off the stove?

I understand they love the warmth, but I really don't like cat hair in my food.

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Unfortunately, most cats like to be up high where they can survey their "catdom. You can try putting tin foil or bubble wrap on the stove. There is also a product called "SSSSCat" which basically is a motion detector on a can of pressurized air that will spray the cat when it gets up on the stove. I've seen it at Walmat but it is about $25.00. Cats don't seem to like the feel of that stuff. You can also shake a soda can with a few pennies in it when he/she jumps up to scare him off. If they're jumping up there to snag food, make sure the stove is kept wiped off and all dishes are removed. You might also want to get a cat condo so they have somewhere else to climb.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevilleMember Posts: 2,200
    Accepted Answer
    I'd be more worried about my cats getting burned then having hair in my food. Take Izzie's advice and hopefully soon your cats will find a safer place to chill out.