update for nellie on her health

Today nellie ate her food on her own out of the bowls so i didnt have to syringe feed her. We also took her to the vet today and they said she had virus. They also took a blood test which had come back normal. They gave her some antibotics for us to give her. Nellie had lost a couple pounds in time she wasnt eating. She went from being 9.5 to being 9.2 pounds. They also said if she does not get any better to come back.

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    It's good to read that she is making slow but steady progress and you are seeing improvements in her behavior. I'm sure the antibiotics will help her recover even faster. Keep posting updates!
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Well, it looks like Nellie is on the mend. But I am puzzled by a vet who would diagnose a viral infection but give you antibiotics, which are for bacterial infections. It could be the same thing as a doctor giving a patient with a cold or the flu an antibiotic to ward off secondary, bacterial infections. We still don't have a firm diagnosis here. Maybe you should change vets? Purrs.