I have one overweight cat and one cat who is naturally very tiny and they eat together. It would be

Angel MarksAngel Marks Kingston, OntarioMember Posts: 453

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If you're asking how to feed your 2 cats what they need-one to lose weight and one to "bulk up", the only way you can do that is to feed them separately, in different rooms. If he overweight cat is gorging himself, you may have to physically remove him to give the little one a chance to eat. I've heard you can also train cats to eat in their carriers.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    Izzie's advice is good. One other thing you can do is put food for the small cat in a place that the overweight cat can't get to. Maybe somewhere high if the big cat is too heavy to jump up. Or you could put a hook in the door frame and loop a piece of string round the hook/door handle so it only opens a few inches so its wide enough to just let the small cat through. You can even get an electronic cat door that opens if there is a tag on the cats collar and just put a tag on the skinny cats collar. The cat door can be put on an inside door for a bathroom etc and you put the food in there. If you get creative you can set it up so that the small guy has access to the food bowl all the time but the overweight cat just gets food in fixed amouts at set times.
  • Gayathri KamathGayathri Kamath Member Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there, I have the same problem, and my person doesnt want to feed my little cousin (Daniel Striped Tiger) on a counter because she doesnt want me jumping up on the counter too. I'm sure I could do it if I knew there was food up there! My person's been putting our dental kibble in foodballs, but hasnt switched yet to a diet food. Her next step is to try the diet food, and give the little guy extra wet separately from me!