If your cat has blood in his poop should i take him to the vet imedetly

My cat is 3yrs. old and i can't afford to take him to the vet is there any thing i can do or should i take him to the vet?

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If there is a good amount of blood, yes, you need to take him to the vet. Anytime blood comes out of anyone anywhere it's not supposed to, that is a warning sign. If your cat has a vet that he's seen regularly, then I am sure they would work out a payment plan for you. You will just have to be very careful with your budget to make sure you make the vet payments. If your cat has never been to a vet, you may want to try some of the shelters or rescues in your area a try. I can tell you that seeng blood is not a good sign and at the least you should just have it checked out. There is nothing you can do nor should you give him yourself. If you are not a trained veterinary professonal, you could poison him if you give him something you're not supposed to.
  • Accepted Answer
    i agree with izzie on this one. If this is blood in the stool take the cat to the vet. My cat Nellie had this before she had the upper respstory problem. We took to her to the vet and got her checked for worms.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Izzie's answer is on the mark. When in doubt, see a vet. Be proactive about finding a way to pay for this--that's your responsibility as a pet owner. This condition could be serious or benign. When Harvey had the occasional bloody stool, my own vet told me that something as simple as ingesting human hair can cause this. But you need an expert opinion. Please do right by your cat and go to the vet. And don't forget to take along a Baggie with the bloody poop in it--preferably, er, "fresh" (within 24 hours). Good luck.