My cats pupil changed sizes and differed from the other but after a couple of hours went back to nor

I don't really know what happened but I think the cat hit his head, he started running around in circles and screaming and being really weird. I then found him under my roomates bed all puffed up, I calmed him down and cuddled with him but was panicked to see one pupil smaller than the other. Please understand, I cannot afford to take him to the vets, but I love him very much. Yet after a couple of hours his pupils returned to normal, and then eventually he began to purr and go to his normal self (though much quieter than before.) Than today he seems rather normal, and there is no sign of injury and his eyes are their usual flawless green. Is he going to be okay? Was I wrong in not taking him to the vets? So I am scared that I am going to wake up one day and he is just going to be dead! WILL HE BE OKAY?

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    The majority of us on the Answers Board are not medical professionals, rather people who love cats, have had many cats, and have often worked in rescue/foster care. We can't guarantee that he'll be okay. The standard answer is yes, take your cat to the vet. If this is expensive for you, if you ask your local shelter or SPCA, they may be able to recommend a vet who offers a payment plan. How did your cat hit his head? That is unusual for cats unless they go outdoors and get hit by cars or hostile humans. If this cat were your human child, you'd go to the ER, right? Since you seem to really care about your cat, taking him to the vet is the right answer. Purrs and good luck.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Chibi is exactly right. We cannot give you free medical advice here, and any other cat vet site on the 'Net can only give general advice. We (or they) cannot tell you what's wrong with your cat through a computer. He needs to see a doctor right away. He may be bleeding into his brain and seem fine until it gets so bad that you DO lose him. I don't know of any vet who will refuse to treat a sick or injured animal and most will treat and worry about payment later. If you are established with a vet, that's even better as they know you. You can also call local rescues and shelters because they often know of vets who will treat at a reduced cost. Please let us know how he's doing. We care! Purrs to both of you.