HELLO TO LINUS

amber foxamber fox tucsonMember Posts: 3
IM THANKFULL YOU WERE NOT RUDE LIKE THE OTHERS BUT I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX THEM I WAS GOING TO USE THE MONEY FROM THE BABYS TO FIX THEM IM REALLY SORRY I WILL TAKE ANY ADVISE I LOVE MY BABYS

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Karma, you are a beautiful kitty, but I am not sure that "selling" your kittens will get you enough money to desex them. It's hard enough to sell purebreds for reasonable prices--moggies are often given away for free. Since you seem to want to fix your cats (the mother and the kittens? I don't quite understand that part), there are cheap spaying/neutering options out there. Contact your local shelter or SPCA. Some vets will let you pay in installements. However, since it seems that Karma is not pregnant yet, why don't you take these hints and have her spayed before she becomes a mother? As I said in my earlier post, it is very difficult to find good homes for kittens, and childbirth/nursing are really hard on the Momcat. If you are sure you can find homes for all the kittens, that's one thing. But don't become one of those people who put kittens in a cardboard box labeled "Free Kittens." Free kittens can end up being experimental animals or bait for dog fights. Good luck!
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Karma, Here are a few links with some low cost spay & neuter options in AZ. I can't seem to find where Denver AZ is, but I googled "low cost spay/neuter in AZ" and found these among several links as examples: http://phoenix.about.com/od/anim/a/spayneuter.htm , http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html , http://www.alteredtails.org/ . There is a program in Arizona (certain areas) that apparently provides free spay/neuter if you can provide documentation on your financial situation, and there are other lower cost options available. I don't think you'll make money "selling" kittens. There are just too many cats and kittens needing homes and I doubt anyone will pay you for a kitten. Please seriously think about getting Karma spayed -- and really, just do it. There have always been too many cats needing homes, but this has only increased with the economic situation in this country. Best wishes to you and your kitties.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with the other posters, I don't think you will make enough money selling the kittens she may have to have Karma spayed. Especially with the economy still down. Shelters are over run with cats and dogs. And there are too many people giving away kittens and puppies for free - not a good idea as already pointed out. A free animal may end up in a research lab or as dog-fighting bait. Realistically, I don't think you would be able to ask for more than $20 for a mixed breed kitten - no matter how cute they will be - especially if they have had no vet care, no vaccinations, and haven't been de-wormed. If the kittens don't find homes when they are little they will be very difficult to place. I would see if their is a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area - you can check http://www.spayusa.org/ You can also check with your vet, explain the situation, and see if they might be willing to set up a payment plan with you. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Karma, I would like to welcome you to Catster and also apologize if you got your feelings hurt by the answers you received about Karma getting pregnant by Tye. I have over 3800 answers to my credit, and I know that some people do get their feelings hurt when I am honest with them. There are very few people here on Catster who are deliberately "rude", and Allie, Greelee and Chibi/Leila are not among them. A lot of us, like me, have years of animal rescue work behind us. We've seen what happens to animals when they are allowed to breed. Saying that you will allow Karma to breed to sell her kittens for spay/neuter money is like saying you're going out to sell drugs to pay for rehab. 2 cats who are allowed to breed and their offspring, if not altered, can produce 400,000 more cats over 10 years! No one can control what will happen to all these cats, and 90% of them will be euthanized. Please, hon, have those cats altered. Call shelters for low-cost programs. Do right by them, OK?