Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

my 4 month old kitten keeps urinating on my bed he is fixed and does use the cat litter boxes any i

2 kittens 1 adult all use the cat boxes he just loves my bed especially when clean or fresh clothes never had a problem like this with any of my many cats over the years need a way to convince him to stop they are all fixed the other kitten is his sister and shes fine

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Whenever a cat/kitten stops using the litter box, we always suggest you check with your vet. There is a possibility he may have a urinary tract infection. He may also not like the location of his box if it is not in a "private" area. For 3 cats, it's recommended you have 4 boxes. He may not like the litter. Also, he may be marking you as "his" territory If his urine has soaked through into your mattress, he scents himself there and continues to use your bed--unfortunately he may now consider it as part of his litter box. You may need to have your mattress professionally cleaned or replace it altogether. If you have a bedroom door, keep it closed. Make sure the boxes are kept very clean. Scoop more than once a day if you have to. Make sure the other cats aren't crowding him out of the box or harrassing him while he's in there. With a little research and observation, and a trip to the vet to make sure there's no health issues, you should beable to solve the problem.