I live with my younger brother who from same litter. He growls and hisses at me when he is grumpy -

Fiona HowardFiona Howard CheltenhamMember Posts: 1
The brothers gets on well normally, they sleep together, eat together and play together quite happily. And I can understand why sometimes one doesn't want to play when another does - but to growl and hiss at him seems a bit OTT, and I'm worries it's because he's stressed or feeing unwell.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I do the same thing when I'm feeling grumpy! ;-) Yes, it is very normal. When Izzie (little brother) wants to play with Delilah (big sis) and she doesn't want to play, you'd think she was being murdered. If it continues, I'll yell "Izzie, leave her alone!" and he usually does. It's always great if you can play with them as well and them playing with each other. Of course, if they aren't neutered, you must do that asap or the playtimes may turn into fight times as they get older. If you are suspicious that one doesn't feel well, it's always a good idea to at least call your vet if any of their behaviors seem "off" to you. But, for the most part they are acting like perfectly normal kitties.