Heal bad flea sores in a longhair, especially around the head and neck?

I recently got the worst end of a flea infestion in our home. We seem to be finally free of them, but I am covered in large, scaly sores that are very uncomfortable. Is there anything Mum can do for me at home, to ease the sores and make me more comfortable. I miss my pettings and would like them to return soon >O.o<

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Poor Ozzy Joe! There aren't many things mom can do for you at home, especially if there are open sores. She can make a paste of baking soda and water and put some on the sores. But you'll be tempted to lick off anything like hydrocortisone and that could make you sick. She needs to keep an eye on you (and everyone else) to make sure the fleas are truly gone. If it were me, I'd ask your mom to call the vet. They may be able to prescribe some oral antihistimine to make you more comfortable and a veterinary ointment for mom to put on your sores. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!