my 3 year old cat, jinx, hasn't eaten for days and is loosing weight. His belly is hot and he's thr

Best Answers

• liz Guzmanliz Guzman Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    I recommend that you take the Cat to see a Vet. Dehydration is the number one killer on Cats. That's what my Cats Vet told me.
  • sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    Please get Jinx to an emergency clinic ASAP! He could have a bowel obstruction, or something even worse going on. Don't waste time, as he is very ill. We will pray for his recovery.
  • Keri LewisKeri Lewis Member Posts: 113
    Accepted Answer
    Please get your cat to the vet ASAP! If he's not eating for more than 24 hours he could get Hepatic Lepidosis, aka Fatty Liver Disease! It's all in how cats metabolize fat when they aren't taking in calories. This can kill a cat, quickly. Please get your kitty checked out.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Boy, I sure hope you took Jinx to the vet! A hot belly sounds like an infection--yikes! Hope everything is now under control. Let us know how he's doing.