year old male-neutered.. diaherea no matter what food fed.. has litter box each end of house but lea

Best Answers

• Jessi KnicelyJessi Knicely KimballMember Posts: 272
    Accepted Answer
    Is he getting enough water to drink pinch the skin on the back of his neck and if it stays there and slowly goes back down he is dehydrated if not take him for a check up with your vet and see what the issue is
  • Gina GroneGina Grone Beatrice, NebraskaMember Posts: 217
    Accepted Answer
    There are many things that can cause persistent diarrhea, ranging from parasites to food allergies to other internal problems. You really need to take your kitty to the vet for a full checkup.
  • Accepted Answer
    Your little buddy does need a full check up if he hasnt had one with some fecal tests. But if all of thats fine, try switching to a raw diet. It's not an easy task but I had the same diarrhea problem with both of my kittens (minus the house soiling.) You can get info here rawfedcats.org and ibdkitties.net and catinfo.org It cleared up with the diet change. Regarding the leaving piles everywhere. He may be cramping up, getting those diarrhea urges and just going. If he's peeing in the litterbox then he's still box trained I'd say. Something isn't agreeing, sounds like his gastro problems may be allergy related. You should join Catster if you haven't already, we can really help you here with this. They did with me.