Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Help Needed with my turkey addiction

Jacki Amrhein-PhillipsJacki Amrhein-Phillips BaltimoreMember Posts: 1
edited 12 September, 2005 in Food & Nutrition
All I will eat is Turkey, and its driving my mom crazy. She\'s tried mixing other food with it, but i just pick the turkey out and leave the rest. She has also tried to starve me, so I\'ll try something else or be hungry. I alsways win that battle, cause I give her sad eyes ans cry a little, and she gives in. The doctor told her to keep trying, but she has kind of run out of ideas. Can antbody help me kick my Turkey habit. PS -mommy does give me some vitamin treats, And I will eat some dry food, if I\'m really hungry.

Comments

• rachel brownrachel brown weatherfordMember Posts: 1,299
    edited 27 February, 2006
    unfortunately Chesapeake your mommy has just got to be tough and so " No More Turkey!" she shouldn't feed you any for a few months, giving you only wet/dry(what ever you want) and only giving turkey as a special treat. maybe she could look for a food with turkey in it or as the main source of protien. i'm pretty sure they have plenty of wet foods that have turkey in them. good luck and don't give in!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    How about turkey flavored cat food?
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Chesapeake, why can't you have turkey anymore? (I admit I love it, too.) Is is canned, or is your mom making your food? If she's making it, maybe she can cut the other stuff up really small and mix it in. My human tried feeding me broccoli with my turkey once but I wouldn't eat it, but she puts very tiny pieces of carrot into my food and I eat that right up.