My 13-year-old cat has just started to poo in the bath - she has never done this before - is she ill

Janine KahnJanine Kahn Manila/San FranciscoMember Posts: 50

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Probably not, although if she hasn't been to her vet in a while, since she is a senior catizen, she does need to check in with them just to make sure. Delilah started using my bathtub as a litter box when we moved. If I don't keep a few inches of water in there to discourage her, she uses it regularly and my DH thinks it's funny that I say I have to "clean the litter box so I can take a bath". I'm not amused. Deliah has issues. She'll also use my area rug in the living room to pee. Thank heavens Lowe's rents cleaners for $25 a day. She's been to the vet and checks out 100% She was in a shelter for over a year, and that could be one of the reasons. But I love her very much! Check your kitty's life and experiences recently to see if something is stressing her out. And, about all else you can do is what I do. Leave a few inches of water in the tub at all times to discourage her. It's a desperate or very peed off cat who will potty in a few inches of cold water just to get back at you.