Which one is best?

Tiffany MorrisTiffany Morris Melbourne, FLMember Posts: 61
Does anyone have pet insurance? After what has happened to Marshall, I definitely want him and Zoe to be covered just in case. I wonder what ones are best. Anyone have suggestions. By the way, if you have followed my current emergency, Marshall is coming home. Everything is great and I am picking him up in an hour!!

Best Answers

• Ralphie RandyRalphie Randy Member Posts: 399
    Accepted Answer
    I'm so glad Marshall is well and is on his way home! I've been worried about him and I keep checking in for updates. Thanks for posting! I have no suggestions about pet insurance, so please forgive me for the semi-OT post on your thread.
  • sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    That is great news! I am one of the posters who gave you some advice yesterday. I have used pet insurance for more than ten years now. I used it on my first cat (who has since passed away). The insurance carrier paid me more in reimbursements than I paid them in premiums. I have Pet Plan Insurance for my cat, Angel. I have had it now for almost four years. I have only had to use it once for a dental emergency. I pay approximately $219 per year and have a $50.00 deductible. Last year Angel's dental surgery was $410 and Pet Plan reimbursed me $360.00. I have done extensive research on other plans and felt that Pet Plan was the best. Remember, however, that each company offers different types of plans and coverages. I chose the best one Pet Plan has to offer and have been very happy. Also, keep in mind that the insurance company you choose will want copies of your pet's records and will most likely have a 3-year exemption clause for previous medical conditions. Best of luck!
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    I have Trupanion insurance for my cats, and I am very happy with them. I previously tried VPI and Pets healthcare plan, and was not impressed with what they had to offer. Research companies and policies carefully, get some free quotes, and ask lots of questions. For example, my angel cat, Mickey had asthma. Pets healthcare plan was covering his asthma claims and medicine, then when the policy renewed, they denied it all stating the fine print says when the policy renews, everything becomes pre-existing, even if NO lapse in coverage! This is actually fairly common with pet insurance, I've learned. Anyway, pet insurance is great and I recommend it. but buyer beware - make sure you know exactly what you are buying! I found Trupanion to be very easy to understand and the reps pleasant and easy to work with. I have not had any surprises, but I did ask a lot of questions. you can even sign up for a free trial of Trupanion through Catster.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    I use Pets Best and have found them very good. I insured Freckles when she was 15 and had 2 big claims when she was 16 (tests and surgery for liver tumor) and 17 (kidney disease). I expected the spanish inquisition because she was so old but they covered everything and paid out over $7000 in total. The other good thing was that when I originally purchased the insurance I accidentally entered her birthday wrong and was paying the premium for a much younger cat. When I submitted my claim and realised the error they could have revoked my policy but they let me pay the difference in premium and honoured the policy.