Naughty Kitty! Problem!

I have three cats One is seven years old The other two are about five years old None of them have ever had any problems with using the litterbox before. I keep them clean and scoop them regularly, we have five boxes. But today I come home to a pee puddle on the guest bed. They've never done this before but I suspect Bahji (five year old) did it cause she looks most guilty and she was mad yesterday cause I locked her out of the guestroom so I could paint in there. What can I do to make sure this never happens again? I dont want to be one of those people who's house reeks of cat-pee all the time.

Best Answers

• Kellyann CookeKellyann Cooke Member Posts: 373
    Accepted Answer
    First of all if this is a new thing don't assume it's behavioral - take your kitties to the vet - it could be that he has a UTI or something else going on that caused him to have an accident. If he checks out medically you may need to observe him for a while to see what may be triggering the sudden behavior change. In the meantime clean the spot where he eliminated with an enzymatic cleaner so he can no longer smell it - if he can he will pee there again. Start with the vet.
  • sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    As the former poster stated, improper soiling is usually a sign of illness that needs medical treatment. If a medical problem has been ruled out, then you would consider it to be a behavioral issue. I would keep the bedroom door closed to the guest room (with the window open to air it out) until the paint odor dissipates. Please get your cat to the vet for a possible urinary tract infection or other medical problem that might be going on. I wish you and Bahji (?) all the best!