Tail fur loss

Divinity has lost her fluffy tail. I know it's not fleas or mange because none of the other cats are showing those symptoms. I haven't seen any nervous overgrooming of her tail. If it were an allergy, wouldn't the rest of her fur be affected too? If it were a psychological thing, you'd think she would show signs of stress, but she's very laid-back. The only thing I can think of is possible lead poisoning. Since Maine Coons like to splash around their drinking water, I have their stainless steel water bowls set on top of metal trays made in China. There should be no reason for the cats to lick the trays, but who knows. However, lead poisoning would involve vomiting and other obvious signs of being sick. Since I plan to sell/rehome her, she is still intact (Japanese custom), but who's going to want a Maine Coon with a skinny tail? My other intact, unbred queens all have fluffy tails. I'm going to take her to the vet soon, but does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause might be?